Friday, September 4, 2009

My Adventures of Suck Writing

If having a negative score was possible upon evaluating my personal skills as a writer, I would be a negative 13. As an intelligent writer, I lack logical flows of Ideas. The majority of my thoughts are not comprehensible to many people including but not limited to myself at times. I have trouble fully developing a thesis and making correlations of strong ideas to support that thesis. I often times contradict my own words due to the fact that I have trouble making up my own mind... Unless its something I feel strongly for. But, the worst part is I have horrible grammar and punctuation because I constantly rush through my work and don't take time to proof anything.

My personal writing I value most would have to be my journal. I absolutely love my journal which is all black, antique, tattered, and full of all my secrets and ideas of the world and its inhabitants. I enjoy writing free verse poetry because it has no rules that have to be followed and doesn't have to make sense as long as the words provoke thought. Not many people have ever had access to my journal, in fact it is very limited as to who even knows I have one.... Unfortunately now the Internet knows. The only people I share entries with are my closest friends who I value immensely. My journal keeps my deepest thoughts and some of my personal experiences and encounters, it also holds some poems and excerpts of stories. I also enjoy writing down fascinating quotes and text from my peers. One entry out of my journal is this:

"Like a calm ocean I will forever be,
No storms shall rage, no crashing waves,
I will be as still as the resting sea."

Take from it what you may, but don't expect to see any more artsy and deep revealing things that allow me to be vulnerable to your criticism. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment