Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bartholomae and Elbow exercise

Bartholomae Writing

Define writing process:

A writing process is a technique used by authors to help them fully develop their individual ideas into text and onto paper. A writing process is the composing process of writers.

Analogy of my writing process:

My writing process is much like an old biker at a bar, drunk, messy, but has a lot of interesting things to share… Very tattooed and weathered.

Causes and effects of My Writing:

The cause of my writing much has to do with intuition and wanting to be more creative, exploring my own boundaries while recording them.

The effect of my writing is very limited. My writing primarily results in a bad grade.

Testimony (one scholar who supports me): Lynn P Nygaard

Elbow Writing:

Description:

Sloppy unorganized unclear

Tastes like jelly beans sometimes you get the unsure flavor that doesn’t taste good but most of the time jelly beans are pleasant

Feels warm and inviting it comforts the reader

Comparison:

My writing process doesn’t need external validation or a grade, it needs creativity and beauty. My writing process is very untraditional and would put Bartholomae to shame.

Association:

I associate my writing with a picture… Sephia… It takes a while to capture the true beauty but once its done it isn’t forgotten.

Analyze-List Parts of my writing process

I write as little as possible or just as much to suffice for the grade.

Coffee

Computer

Music

Ideas

They all correlate because I need all of them to function even if I’m not writing they are my everyday rituals.

No comments:

Post a Comment